Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Yesterday, my 06 pacifica's shifter stuck & would not go

Customer Question

yesterday, my 06 pacifica's shifter stuck & would not go into reverse. Now, we replaced the piece but once we got home, the car will turn off but the keys are stuck I'm acc position
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park. I am not entirely sure
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 06 Chrysler pacifica
JA: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 06
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing so far & yes. Just got it home after having piece replaced in shifter
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: shifter interlock lever was just replaced
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing is a fairly common problem and its caused by a failing shift interlock cable or its out of adjustment from the repair that was made on the interlock. Before you consider replacing the cable I would start with trying to adjust it. I have enclosed the steps to adjust it in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Interlock%20adjustment%20Jun%2017.pdf