sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

2007 town and country. radio seem to have no electricity,

Customer Question

2007 town and country. radio seem to have no electricity, tried a different radio same thing
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed radio
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the radio doesn't work then it has either failed internally or is missing power or ground. It's possible that you got a bad replacement but it's very possible that you have a wiring issue or possibly an internal issue in the integrated power module.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use an incandescent test light to test for power on the gray/pink wire with the key on, the two gray/red wires, and check for ground on the black and black/light green. If you do find these are all present then the issue is still in the radio. If you find one of these is missing let me know which and we'll investigate that circuit deeper.