Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified

Windshield washer not spraying at all, 2007, nothing yet. I

Customer Question

windshield washer not spraying at all
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet. I am hoping it is just the fuse. Not sure which fuse to test
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: not sure which fuse to test
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that is all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Already placed 5$ on credit card
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the VIN. Ok when you press the washer button do you hear any sounds from the washer pump motor assembly?

Do you have access to a test light to run some electrical tests??

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No can not hear anything when pushed. no access to test light. I would just like to test fuse. I need to verify which fuse to check that is all.
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

There is no separate fuse for the washer pump. If the wipers are working ok then the fuse is not the problem. The wiper fuse is fuse #18. If this fuse is ok, then the most likely problem is the washer pump motor itself.

The washer pump is controlled directly by the Front Control Module and if there is no problem with the washer pump, then the problem lies in the wiring or the FCM itself.

Here is a wiring diagram so you can see the circuit from the FCM to the Washer Pump Motor.

--->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,