Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)

How do i reset my security system in my 2002 chrysler

Customer Question

how do i reset my security system in my 2002 chrysler sebring
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

To reset the module you will need to disconnect the battery for 5 min then reconnect. If the light is still on you will need the codes retrieved with a scantool to see what the issue is.. It could be a bad key or bad SKIM module but either one will require a scantool to program..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,