sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

How to remove a lift gate woody molding from a pt cruiser

Customer Question

how to remove a lift gate woody molding from a pt cruiser
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this wood trim that is around the release handle?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I WANT TO REPLACE THE LIFT GATE WOOD BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE MOLDING
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Is it number 1 in the diagram below that you are trying to replace?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47cbmuf47c0fo6y/tr-06-13.gif?dl=0

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NO IT IS THE MOLDING THAT GOES AROUND THE WOOD PANEL
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately I do not have the procedure for this myself and I apologize for that but someone else here may have this info.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I believe what you're referring to is the applique on the outside of the liftgate. There is a slightly raised section around the outside of the wood grain.

If it's number 9 on this page that's the applique I'm referring to, it's held on with adhesive and would be carefully removed with a heat gun and scraper. Unfortunately a Mopar replacement was discontinued about two and a half years ago, and list price was just under $900 when it was still available.