rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My Chrysler Pacifica is missing at 3000 rpms : It cuts in

Customer Question

My Chrysler Pacifica is missing at 3000 rpms
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It cuts in and out at 3000 toms I was told it was timming but changed the belt and water pump just a week ago and no fix
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 165000 it's the 3.5
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: The timing belt the throttle body sencer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: It has a loud tick was told maybe the manafol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This sounds like an ignition breakdown under a load, you need to check your pugs wires and coil.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wouldn't that give a code the only code I'm getting is for crank shaft.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Not always, NO

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.