sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have a 2000 PT Cruiser that has started to make a buzzing

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a 2000 PT Cruiser that has started to make a buzzing sound when the car is off.we have disconnected the battery and it has stopped it sounds like it's coming from near water pump but it's not that
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes, new battery last year
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have disconnected the battery which has stopped the noise
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: It turns over ok and starts fine wind screen wipers work ,lights , heater, indicators but it it def coming from under the hood passenger side
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have now disconnected all fuses one at a time but this has shown nothing it's really odd we have now disconnected the battery because that's the only way we can stop the noise
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There isn't much electrical in the area you believe the noise is coming from. The cruise control servo is down in that area but I can't recall anything else. The alternator is in the same area, it and the starter are the only two items on the car that aren't fused. I'd be surprised if the alternator was causing the noise but that would explain the noise not going away when removing fuses.

Did you remove fuses from both the box under the hood and in the dash?