Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2004 Chrysler Concorde and it keeps blowing the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chrysler Concorde and it keeps blowing the heater AC atc fusewhich totally shuts off the temperature control panel and causes the ABS and brake light to come on
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. That is an indication of a short in the circuit as you likely already know but to isolate the cause try installing a same amperage breaker to save on fuses and disconnect the blower motor and see if the fuse still blows. If not it is a faulty blower motor. If so the problem is elsewhere in the circuit such as a short in the harness or elsewhere in the circuit. Check for damaged or rubbed through wiring or connector pins. Let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I unplugged the blower motor there was no change the fuse blew right away also when the fuse is blown I have no reverse lights sometimes the fuse does not blow right away it could take up to a few minutes

Thanks for the update. If it is effecting other circuits then you will need to check for the draw by putting a volt meter inline between the battery ground post and the terminal with it disconnected from the battery. It will read voltage on the ground. Start pulling fuses and replacing one at a time to look for the circuits that cause the voltage to drop the most. Then once identified you will then dig deeper into thos circuit components and wiring harness to look for wiring damage or shorts or faulty components by disconnecting each until you isolate the one that allows the voltage to drop the most. This will be the problem component.