Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Ok no start from the key switch replace the pcm due to the

Customer Question

ok no start from the key switch replace the pcm due to the after market alarm systems cause the pcm to burn out the you see it wont crank from the key switch and i jump it from the relay to get it started at first it would crank wheni jump the relay for the starter put in a rebuild pcm due to it not grounging
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: yes and the battery is good i change the pcm cause it was not grounding the starter relay pin 85 i not suer but i think it might be the fmc because it does not send power to the starter relay pin no 86 or it might be the ignion switch is there a way to check out the fcm on the fuse box under the hood
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: ok i took the alarm systems down check the wires from the ignion key switch to see if i had power comeing out of it i can get it started by turning the key switch on and under the hood by pass the relay by jumping wire 87 and 30 and the car will start and run but i cant get it to start from the key switch
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: yes i learn that someone else has work on it before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

Year & model & mileage please ?

Thanks

Chad

was that i used pcm

did you have it programed to the car

is the security light flashing with key on or steady on or it goes off

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer)

ASE Certified Tech