Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Red thunderbolt on the das along with a check engine light

Customer Question

red thunderbolt on the das along with a check engine light on a 07 300.
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: comes on after five minutes of driving and yes there are performance issues
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 07 base model
JA: What year is your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: dont even know the real problem, have heard its blower issue and have also heard of throttle issues
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the car sat idle for about 2 to 3 months
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The red "Thunderbolt" Icon is the warning lamp for the Electric Throttle Control. It is telling you that there is a problem with the Electronic Throttle system.

To find out what is wrong you must have it scanned for codes. The best thing to do at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can have these Codes read for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Keep me posted...I'll be here when you post the codes

I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Robert