Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

MY key broke so I used the clicker to start it it will not

Customer Question

MY key broke so I used the clicker to start it it will not work now windows work lights come on eat. but the clicker want work to do anything I put a new battery in still want work could it be the ignation key we tried to reset the battery didn't work
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: It doesn't turn over at all the battery is a year old
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No but would like to get a idea of what is going on have a person that is trying to help would like to try to fix it if I just need a new key I don't want to be overcharged
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: NO I mostly wanted to know if the key could be the problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 4 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Thank you,