rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Starting but shut down when you touch the gas 03 town and

Customer Question

Starting but shut down when you touch the gas 03 town and country 3.3l
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 136000 battery is strong
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No 4 injector was changed air idle, throttle sensor all so changed because van was smoking
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Change a few sensors throttle position air idle 1 injector
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It sounds as though you are running out of fuel. Check the fuel pressure with a gauge.

Thanks, Ron