Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser w/ 250000+ miles was running fine

Customer Question

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser w/ 250000+ miles was running fine one day and later that same day upon start up the engine is shaking violently in park and in gear. There is also the sound of what seems to be a belt squealing during the vibration. In the last two days I have had the oil changed, wheel rotation and balance, and shocks and struts replaced.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start first with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault code setting as well as looking to see if the engine is firing on all cylinders. If you find the engine is not running on all cylinders remove the spark plugs and run a compression test. Post back with the results and we can work from there to see if we can help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Let me know what you find and we can work from there.