sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Neither key fob is working to unlock doors. : Unlocked door

Customer Question

Neither key fob is working to unlock doors.
JA: Have you ever had to reprogram your fob? How old is the battery?
Customer: Unlocked door with key and alarm goes off/wont start.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Battery approx 1 year old. Had key fob reprogrammed less than 1 year ago. Car would shut down and ignition wouldnt work. As if clutch wasnt depressed.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hopefully. I dont remember my alarm ever going off when unlocking door with key
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: When i open the door my alarm goes off. Can i bypass this? The ignition is unresponsive. Even after alarm resets itself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

No vehicle information was posted with the question but it sounds as if you may have a bad wireless control module. The WCM is the module that validates the transponder in the key to allow the engine to start and is also the keyless entry receiver.

What year and model is the vehicle?