bill, chrysler master tech
Experience:  25 years with chrysler drivability and electrical expert

When I went to start the van it would not turn over and a

Customer Question

When I went to start the van it would not turn over and a message, "Bad Key" appeared. It is a Chrysler Town and Country and I believe it is a 2010 model.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: The van is in "park" I don't know if it has a "wheel lock" feature.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything so far. I had groceries in the van and had to have someone pick me up to get them home. The van is at the grocery store.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It worked fine when I did some other errands, and then nothing. I have a new battery, so it can't be a bad battery. Does the key fob have a battery? Also, I can't figure out how to use the valet key; shouldn't I be able to start the van with that?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

have you had the R03 win module recall performed as of yet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had that done a few years ago. Now, I received another recall, but have not had time to take my car to the dealer.
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

well the win module which is the recall is VERY LIKELY the problem, the good news is chrysler will replace the module and give you 2 new keys and exchange up to 6 more undamaged keys, they MOST LIKELY will cover a tow to the dealer and MAY provide a loaner car all for FREE under the recall.

the recall you had done years ago is being replaced with a complete module replacement