Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I am looking two secondary air injector relay sensors

Customer Question

I am looking for the two secondary air injector relay sensors for a sebring 2010
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

are you looking to buy these parts or locate their location in the car?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Both. I no nothing about cars. My brother is too busy to do the research. He did replace one of the sensors. the one close to the pump.
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

we don't sell parts here i can look at a few online stores for you but will need the exact part you're looking for, your vin and your zip to see if anyone close to you have the part but you just may be looking at the dealer for these unique parts

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok, will get that info when I get home. Thank you. I also need to know where the part is located. That seemed to be an issue for my brother
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Good morning Bill. I am sorry I didnt get back to you yesterday. I do have the info you need so that you can help me.ChryslerSebring 2010Body Type Model 4D
Vin # *****
My zip code is 95341 Merced, California
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

thanks but i need a little more detail there is only 1 sensor on the air injection system that,s the mass airflow sensor there are 2 relays and a check valve as well as the pump itself, i can help far better if i actually know the part name and even better the problem (fault codes are a huge help)

i have enclosed a link to the parts diagram for the air injection system for you to look over, it usually helps to look at the diagram so you can see the actual part name, once i know the EXACT parts you're looking for i can help much more

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have the codes. P2441
P0418. Please bare with me.
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

no problem as long as you promise the same with me :)

remember i am here to help so i may ask for more detail so i can give the best service i can

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No problem. Im going to send the diagram to my brother and see which part he bought and changed.
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

the first code p2441 is the air pump valve part 6 in the diagram stuck closed ( the computer does NOT "see" the air flowing from the air pump when it activates the pump) the valve is common in frosty crazy new england where i am located BUT in nice warm cali where you are i would look for any blockage in the tube as well

the second code P0418 is the control circuit for th eair pump, here in new england the pumps get corroded and freeze from the brine we use to get the snow off the roads, i would look at this code FIRST as it can mean a dead air pump which CAN cause the first code to set.

if your brother wants i can send along the diagnostic procedures for the 2 codes.

IF you end up needing a pump chrysler wants the control relays replaced as well this is because a dead air pump can burn the relays out

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** would appreciate the diagnostic procedures for the 2 codes. I hope this is a start.
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

no problem please advise your brother to do the P0418 FIRST

now the procedures do reference using a scan tool to actuate the air pump if he doesn't have one he may be able to rent one from some of the larger parts stores in your area, each area is different and their rules are based on the clientele they have coming in.

the links are below and in pdf format please download them asap and save or print the documents as they are only up a few days

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** seeing my brother tomorrow. I hope this helps him out.
Expert:  bill replied 4 months ago.

ok let me know if he needs any more assistance once i know what he is looking for i can research the availability