Mike V.v
Mike V.v, Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience all makes and models, Subaru and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

Randomly but with more frequentcy it doesn't start. Turn key

Customer Question

Randomly but with more frequentcy it doesn't start. Turn key and click. If try few minutes later will start.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park. No ides if wheel lock
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I go to start it and nothing just a click. Dash lights up and stuff. Might try a couple of more times and nothing. Then it will start in a minute or so. It seems to be happening more often and taking more tries to start.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not necessarily. Either take it local mechanic or a friend that does side jobs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: The keys are not the original. The first owner lost the fobs.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike V.v replied 10 months ago.

HI there,

So do you get a single click each time you turn the key?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok

Usually this is a bad starter. it's starting to fail. Most shops won't sell you a new starter unless the condition will actually happen for them while testing it. This is because when it work's, it will work like nothing at all is wrong with it. Eventually it will end p going out completely on you. So, I suspect you will be needing a new starter to resolve the problem. Based on my experience with this, it's usually the end result.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!