Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My a/c blows warm at first...can be awhile if car is just

Customer Question

My a/c blows warm at first...can be for quite awhile if car is just idling...but after driving for awhile it cools down all the way to cold like it is supposed to be. I've had issue where I needed to do a recharge & add freon each summer, but would that be the issue here if it DOES eventually get cold?
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 2005, 146k miles, V6 engine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If it's just a matter of adding freon, then yes.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

If the ac system is low on freon this can cause the issue you have here as a low freon condition will cause this.I would add some freon to make sure this corrects the fault here.If it does then you have a freon leak and you should have the ac system tested further to pinpoint the leak and have the leak repaired then properly refill the ac system for proper operation from there.I suspect this is a low freon issue needing corrected to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete