Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2014 town & country,would not start, sound like dead

Customer Question

2014 town & country,would not start, sound like dead battery, but lights still burning, radio working. Used jumper cables, started as usual, check engine light burning. Drove to advance auto, checked battery. Battery checked good. Drove to Walmart, checked again battery check show I needed new battery. Engine check light continues to burn. Stop to get gas, engine check light goes off. Seems normal, starts every time. Engine light not burning. Do I need to change battery
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: 2014 battery that came in car.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I'm in wheelchair and have a 100 mile trip to make Thursday
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

I am sorry for the long delay. I believe I can help but I am not sure you still need help after this long wait. Do you still need help?

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
have a trip I have to make Thursday. Car cranks and runs normally but don't want to have trouble out of town. I'm in a wheelchair and will be traveling alone
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One thing that I had questioned, I had left my GPS plugged in and on could this have caused the problem, also had not been cranked in around 6 or7 days

Sounds like the battery died from an electrical draw and that set a code for low voltage. If you have a volt meter I can help you diagnose if the battery is bad or not.

Once you have selected a rating at the top of your page view for my first answer to grade my assistance. All follow up responses are free and welcomed. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.