Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

When I come to a stop my car sounds like it's going to stall

Customer Question

when I come to a stop my car sounds like it's going to stall when driving no issues
JA: Which part of the car is the noise coming from? Would you describe the noise as frequent or constant?
Customer: frequent
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sounds like it's choking
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: not sure
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: in park the engine sounds good and does not jug or choke in drive it starts to act up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my

. This is usually caused by a throttle body that has become coked up with carbon deposits. When the throttle body gets dirty, then the airflow going around the throttle plate gets restricted. This can cause low or no idle and sometimes stalling when coming to a stop. The other thing it may be is an idle motor that is sticking and cannot react fast enough to maintain an acceptable idle. I recommend purchasing a can of spray throttle body cleaner and clean out the inside of the throttle body. Be sure to clean the throttle plate paying attention to the edges of the plate (follow the directions on the can). If you still have this problem, then replacing the idle motor would be the next step.

Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this,

Chris name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you out today.