rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have 2006 pacifica touring and I have the abs light and

Customer Question

hi I have 2006 pacifica touring and I have the abs light and the check engine light come on intermittently.
JA: Is there a code associated with the error? Have you checked the ABS fluid?
Customer: no I did not but I will check it today.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the abs light just come on and goes off since last week .before it comes on sometimes pushing the brake the car stops just like in wintertime in the snow.i have had the check engine light code it says the something like "threshold bank"
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach
automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

You will need to get the codes, but this may go beyond that and you will need to scan the computer to know exactly what needs to be tested and /or replaced.

Thanks, Ron