Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

My PT cruiser, 2007 has 78,000 miles. Died 2 days ago. Got

Customer Question

My PT cruiser, 2007 has 78,000 miles. Died 2 days ago. Got it towed to my home. Put new battery in but it won't start like gas isn't getting to the pump.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Brand new battery today.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was very low n oil. Just put in some today. It has been bucking when gas gets below half a tank. I took it to one place because the engine light was on and they put in on the computer and said everything cam up ok and to bring it back when engine light comes on again.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Either that of not get ripped off. The garage in the neighborhood says I blew the engine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for your engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors, proper fuel pressure and good engine compression. In order to be able to determine why the engine will not start you are going to need to check each one of these things to determine what you lacking. If you can get this done and post back with the results, I will help you determine the cause..