sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 2005 Sebring convertible top is only coming up on one

Customer Question

Hi . My 2005 Sebring convertible top is only coming up on one side . Another person has to stand outside the car and lift the sagging end of top halfway up to get it to close
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the drivers side that is not going all the way up if that helps . We checked the hydraulic fluid and added a little but it still wouldn't work . The top goes down okay but to out it up my husband has to get out of the car and manually life the one side while I press the button to close it
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could be a bad cylinder on the side that won't move or it could be a mechanical problem that is preventing the top from moving correctly, although if it were a mechanical issue then he should have noted that it was hard to move by hand.

Was the fluid actually low?

If so, did you recheck it after cycling the top?