Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

I have a 2004 Chrysler Town and Country with a 3.8 My

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2004 Chrysler Town and Country with a 3.8 My problem is when I'm in my vehicle at 3000 RPM it feels like it's redlining at that point and then I would have to let off the gas in order for it to shift but everytime I hit 3000 RPM it won't go beyond that. I replace my engine coil pack spark plugs and spark plug wires the crankshaft sensor. And still it reads P2302 and random misfire when connected to ny OB2...
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you

how many miles on it ?

is there any other codes in it ?

has throttle body been checked ?

have you checked for vacum leak at the throttle

let me know

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its has 184,000 and thats all thats coming up P2302 and multiple misfires...
No I haven't check the throttle body or check it for leaks but I will do that in the morning

ok i got the fault codes I will do my research on them and we talk tomorrow . i will be online tomorrow and sunday from 10 am till 12 pm

good night

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay I pulled off the throttle body and cleaned it and I put it back on now it's showing. On my OB2 p0113 and still the same with the p2302 engine coil a secondary circuit

Hi how are you

Have you check the IAT sensor , cause if that sensor is malfunctioning you will have a misfire and code 2302, . what i m saying is the po113 could be causing the P2302

or it could be separate , but if you changed the iat sensor and you still having the problem and you already changed the coil ,That leaves the pcm or the wiring between the sensors and the pcm needs to be checked for continuity before you change pcm , if sensors are good ,wires are good then I will change pcm .

SYMPTOM P0113 - INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR HIGH WHEN MONITORED With the ignition on. Battery voltage greater than 10 volts. SET CONDITION The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor voltage at the PCM is greater than 4.98 volts. One trip Fault. POSSIBLE CAUSES - IAT sensor voltage above 4.6 Volts - (K21) IAT signal circuit shorted to battery voltage - IAT sensor internal failure - (K21) IAT signal circuit open - (K4) sensor ground circuit open - PCM

SYMPTOM P2302 - IGNITION COIL #1 SECONDARY CIRCUIT-INSUFFICIENT IONIZATION WHEN MONITORED Engine Running. SET CONDITION If PCM detects that the secondary ignition burn time is incorrect or not present an error is detected. One Trip Fault. POSSIBLE CAUSES - Intermittent condition - Spark plug - Ignition wire - Ignition coil operation - Ignition coil control circuit open - Coil control circuit shorted to ground - PCM - (A142) ASD relay output circuit - Ignition coil

Hope that was helpful for you

A Positive Rating Is Much Appreciated

This post will stay open even after you rate for you to come back and ask me any follow up questions on this issue .

let me know if you need anything else

In my shop I have changed a lot of pcm on this model vans , but you have to treat each one on individual bases just because one was the pcm doesn't mean all are , but yours kind go in that direction in way it is behaving , short to ground on the coils or other sensor from the pcm side

But if it end up being pcm . there is website called .. ALLCOMPUTERRESOURCES. you can send yours in and they can rebuild it and program your key and vin so u dont need dealer programing , it will be plug & play what they call. they send it to you , u provide vin & mileage and then you send old one back to them and get 2 year warranty , in case u needed one