Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Security light blinks and car will not crank,replaced ign.

Customer Question

security light blinks and car will not crank,replaced ign. key cyl and where the key goes in the cylinder
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: blik
JA: What year is your Ion?
Customer: 2008 p t cruiser
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i had the key programed from a licenced locksmith
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it had started before i went to have the key programed but of course it died after a second or two
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If the red light is flashing then you have an issue with either the key or the SKIM module.. Since you have a new key then what codes are in the SKIM module?

Talk soon,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No codes that I can tell
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

You will need a scantool to retrieve the codes from the SKIM module.. Post the codes when you have them..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No codes
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a scantool or code reader? If the red light is on then there are codes in the SKIM module.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The tree are no codes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Scan tool shows no codes
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

If your scantool will communicate with the SKIM then what does it show for Ok to Start?