Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Have a 2009 town and country with a 62TE transmission and

Customer Question

Have a 2009 town and country with a 62TE transmission and changed out transmission.
everything went together well but have a code P0706 and will not start
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

The code you have is P0706-TRANSMISSION RANGE SENSOR RATIONALITY which is why it won't start because it doesn't see Park or Neutral. I attached the diagnostic test that will need to be followed to determine the issue..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,