sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

My 2011 Chrysler 300C will not start. I get a red lightning

Customer Question

My 2011 Chrysler 300C will not start. I get a red lightning bolt and an FCW off
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: the engine turns but does not start. Battery was just checked 3 months ago
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's it. The car ran fine last night. This am codes and no start. It was in for an oil change and detail 2 weeks ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible, otherwise the car has to be towed
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: In February the car was in for some body work and they ran the battery down. Had to take the car to Kaiser in Watertown to have a lot of codes cleared. Have had no problems since.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause a no start condition. The problem may be as simple as a blown fuse, it could be a loss of crank sensor signal, a loss of fuel pressure, fuel quality, possibly an exhaust restriction but that wouldn't be very likely.

Have you checked for fault codes?
Do you hear the fuel pump run when the ignition is turned on?