Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

My van was locked and when I try to unlocked with the Fob I

Customer Question

Hi, my van was locked and when I try to unlocked with the Fob I accidentally try to open before was unlocked, after that I put the FOB in to turn the engine on and the van have no energy, nothing on the dashboard, only a red dot. Is a 2012 Town & Country Touring
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I open the fuse box and it had a sound, I pull the M36 I think that was and the sound stop
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: No it was ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out today. Do you have another key to try?

Chris

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, we lost the other one
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Ok you may need a new key, but try this first: disconnect the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. See if it will start.

Chris