Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chrysler Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Chrysler Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 2014 Chrysler 300. My Oil Pressure Sensor is

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Chrysler 300. My Oil Pressure Sensor is showing maximum PSI under any engine conditions. Idle or in neutral, or in gear and running. Water Temp, Transmission Temp and all other indications are normal. I have a check engine light as well. My service appointment is two weeks off. What can I do now?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

If the Check Engine Light is on while these symptoms are present, more than likely, the problem is going to be the Oil Pressure Sensor. This is actually a "known problem" and Chrysler has issued a Technical Service Bulletin (#18-034-14 REV. A) that states they know the original sensors were defective and have revised the sensor to correct the problem. Unfortunately, not much in the way of "what can I do now" as the sensor is located internal of the engine and the upper and lower intake manifolds will need to be removed to gain access. As long as there are no unusual engine noises like ticking or knocking, it's perfectly safe to drive the vehicle i nthe meantime. If my answer has helped you, please help me and rate using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.

..