Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Van starts just fine. Drove it 25 Mikes tonite. Ate dinner.

Customer Question

Van starts just fine. Drove it 25 Mikes tonite. Ate dinner. Couple of hours later, started it and went forward for couple of hundred yards. Then it died. Started right back up. As soon as it's put into any forward gear it dies. Will run in reverse, park , and neutral.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm on vacation, away from home. Don't know a soul in the area. Hoping I can fix if simple, but not really the mechanical type.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: It's an 02 3.8 v6. High moles. Just drove it 400 miles to Gulf Coast 4 days ago without a noticeable problem. And have been making short trips daily without incident.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you out. Tell me, can you keep it running if you hold the throttle open a little and then place it in drive?Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Had yo leave it in parking lot. It died within a second after moving into any forward gear. I didn't really give it gas.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Ok, can I call you in the morning? I have a couple of ideas.Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well, it looks like more charges accrue if you call me so just go ahead and write your reply / suggestions
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

No problem. Tell me when you place the gear shift lever into drive, does it stall abruptly and harshly like if you were driving a vehicle with a manual transmission and just let the clutch out without giving it any throttle?

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

I will look for your reply tomorrow. Time to get some sleep.

Chris