roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Extensive experience working with all models of Chrysler for over 35 years
3506196

2005 pt. cruiser turbo. thermostat guage takes about five

Customer Question

2005 pt. cruiser turbo. thermostat guage takes about five minutes after driving vehicle to get to normal. Now the check engine light is on
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 49 k
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The temperature gauge does not go to normal when starting the vehicle. It takes about five minutes for it to read it properly and then it goes to normal. Now the check engine light is on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet. This is my first inquiry
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: I just got the oil changed on Monday.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 9 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

from your description it sounds like the thermostat has stuck open and not allowing the engine to heat up to temp. you did not give us the code number but in most cases. it will be 128 for low coolant temp.

I would start by having the code number verified by a parts store as it is a free service. then have the thermostat replaced and see if that takes care of your complaint.

Roy

how are you making out???

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts. it costs me personally to acquire the info you need

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Roy