Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

2001 Town & Country, just replaced ignition lock cylinder.

Customer Question

2001 Town & Country, just replaced ignition lock cylinder. The key in the new cylinder won't turn.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It is in "Park", yes it has "wheel lock" feature.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Old key would not turn sometimes so I ordered new ignition lock cylinder, installed it with no problem, but the new key won't turn in the new cylinder.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just keep trying to turn key, that's all so far
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out today. Was the new lock cylinder coded to your key?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No it was not but I discovered the problem, I was not putting the new key in far enough. Works fine now.
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Ahhh! Very good! Glad you got it figured out,