Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I have a 2003 Chrysler town and country van. I have had the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Chrysler town and country van. I have had the computer replaced once, but they tell me it is bad again after about 5,000 miles. A dealership messed it up in the first place by not getting tight connections on it and the fuse box and shorted them out. Now they tell the wrong computer was installed and I can't find out because that honest mechanic died. How difficult is a computer to replace and any idea of a price range?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

When you say it's bad, what's going on with it? Also the PCM doesn't have any connections that you can tighten, they are all just push on connectors so I'm not sure how it could short out.. Also i can give you the exact part number for your vehicle if you will reply with the last 8 of your VIN..

Talk soon,