Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I unhook battery cables on 97 Chrysler Concorde with engine

Customer Question

I unhook battery cables on 97 Chrysler Concorde with engine running. After I shut engine off and went to start it back it would not start. I have since changed camshaft sensor hand crankshaft sensor still no fire or gas to engine. Is there anyway I can reset computer system
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried changing Cam and crank sensors changed relays and also check fuses have also tried to reset anti-theft system. However I'm still getting no fire to spark plugs and I can hear fuel pump come on for only one or two seconds but no gas is going to the engine
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Other than replace timing belt 2 weeks ago has been cranking and running good up until this point
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Lou P replied 6 months ago.

Hello, why did you unhook the battery cable while the engine was running? i hope it was not to test the alternator as that is NOT the correct way and i dont know who is telling people this method.