Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

It did shut off while driving : Two days prior to stopping

Customer Question

It did shut off while driving
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Two days prior to stopping while driving. Attempting starting wouldn't catch then the next day it started and ran fine until this past Friday when it shut down while going up an incline. We're told it is fuel pump. M echanic said replace fuel pump it still isn't starting.
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm in the repair shop while sending this message
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: It's a 2008 Pt cruiser touring
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

What kind of Chrysler do you have? What codes do you have in the PCM and also do you have spark and fuel psi?

Talk soon,

Brad