Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a1998 chrysler voyager and clutch lever won't

Customer Question

I have a1998 chrysler voyager and clutch lever won't disengage in box yet car can be driven by synchronising gear changes. I suspect pressure plate issue to blame?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 9 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

If you have a new slave cylinder and the clutch is not disengaging then I would agree and suspect the pressure plate to be faulty. At this point the transmission will need to be removed and the clutch and pressure place inspected.. If bad I would replace the clutch dick, pressure plate, release bearing and well as inspect the pilot bearing and don't forget to surface or replace the flywheel if you see cracks...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad