Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My parents have 2005 Chrysler Town & country. USed to be

Customer Question

My parents have 2005 Chrysler Town & country. USed to be when they opened the door to the car and they pressed the unlock button on their key fob the lights in the car would blink. They no longer do. Is there a fuse that they may need to replace?
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help.

There is an update for the BCM (Body Control Module) that will resolve your issues. We9Dealership) charge 1 hour labor which is around 100.00 to update the module with the latest software.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

If the previous owner swapped the wiring harness as well then you will need a donor wiring harness from a YJ to get it back right. They very likely encountered many issues with the cluster and dash wiring being different and just tried to get it to work the best they could and quit. I would highly suggest getting it back to stock to prevent and mis-wiring which will burn up the modules and well as the vehicle if you get the wires crossed and it causes a spark.

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

The last reply was for a different question.. Please disreguard..

Thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 6 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad