Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How do I change a starter in a 2010 Chrysler 300. Car was

Customer Question

How do I change a starter in a 2010 Chrysler 300. Car was parked in parking lot and starter was under water for aboutvan hour. Had car towed home. Tried to start it after 2 days. Only get a cllick. Was told that it was likely starter or starter solenoid. Any suggestions. For r&r ?????
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** engine do you have? Have you removed starter bolts yet? Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Did i mention that the car was parked on an incline, and we had another houston flood. The car wasn't under water. But water came up to. The door. Not inside the car, however, the starter was undervwater for about an hour. Had a wrecker tow it home. Let it sit for a couple of days. Then tried to start. It. Click.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

I agree it sounds like starter is the problem. What engine do you have? Have you removed starter bolts yet? Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

2.7 L. V6

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/foa7asxafeuvgps/sm1.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvd7k96l88o4g9h/sm2.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Dan,

Sorry for the delay in responding.Got a brand new granddaughter born yesterday. BROOKLYN De Nae Housley. 8.lbs 9ozs. Number 26.

Listen after removing starter and baving it checked out. I find that the starter is not faulty. Have you any suggestions as to what the problem may be ??

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

A bench test is not always completely accurate. I'd start by seeing if engine turns with breaker bar on crank pulley to make sure engine actually cranks. If so verify both wires going to starter have at least 11v when trying to start, if so replace the starter. On a bench test the starter doesn't actually have to turn a engine so it can often pss test but still be the problem. Congratulations to the new addition to your family! Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.