Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

My 2010 town and country blower motor runs slow on all

Customer Question

my 2010 town and country blower motor runs slow on all speeds and puts out very little air
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when you turn on the blower it may start working but the longer you run it the slower it gets
JA: 2004.
Customer: its a 2010
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: 140,000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will try to assist you .
There is a blower motor resistor that control the fan speed and power up the blower motor they are common about going bad and when they do the gave out the symptoms you are depscriping
It will be under the dash on passenger side bolted with 2 screws onto the blower motor housing ,I always check the electrical connector that plug into it make sure no evidence of burn or melting .
also you need to check the blower motor itself ,you can try to power it up by straight wiring
With a 12 v source and see if the blower speed is higher ,if it runs at full power by giving 12 v straight to it then it will be fine and the issue will the blower motor regulator only .This is the most common problem with blower motors system in these van as long as it is not a wiring issues going into the blower regulatorPlease let me know if you have any follow up questions on this issue .Hope that was helpful to youA positive rating is much appreciate since that is how we get compensated for our time.Thank youChad F (aka-jhook1398)