Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler X with a check engine light on.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler X with a check engine light on. The code calls out ab open circuit in the torque converter solenoid valve.
JA: Diagnosing the correct check engine code is the key to getting a quick fix. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with this type of thing. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The jeep runs fine but the code keeps coming back. Is this an external part or internal?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: oh yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing but research
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 4 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

what is the code number???

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I dont have it off the top of my head, but it says there is an open circuit in tht torque converter solenoid valve.

I need the code to help with the flow chart

if it has or indicates an open circuit, then it is either a wire harness issue or a failed solenoid. that why I need the code to do the correct tests.

the solenoid is internal in the trans on the valve body. the pan has to be dropped to gain access to the solenoid

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok, I'll have to grt the code and get back to you later today.

ok, I will be back on later tonight