roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Extensive experience working with all models of Chrysler for over 35 years
3506196

Actually clutch has no power 2010 town country : Ac won't

Customer Question

Actually clutch has no power 2010 town country
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ac won't work, pressure switch bypassed, system full. No power to clutch. When jumpered, works good blows cold
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not hope, gonna.lol
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 6 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

how do you know the system is full??? what are the gauge readings???

how did you jumper the system?? which switch??

I will look up a wire diagram for you

Roy

have you checked for reference voltage at the switch???

Roy

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
45lbs on the low side, yes the switch has 12 volts checked with a meter and then a test light. Jumpered clutch by running a secondary positive, to the positive on the pump, but using the original ground to rule that out, according blows cold with clutch engaged.

ok, first there should only be 5 volts on the switch if you looked at the diagram I sent you. ir you applied 12 volts at that point, you damaged the control head.

can you verify the power again at the switch

Roy

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry ,if typed wrong, but let me start over. The actual has a full charge and works great with clutch jumpered directly to the battery. I checked for voltage at the low pressure switch with test light. Lights up, I just realized checked for voltage and it's 4.8 at one terminal 5.1 at the other, last one is ground. Where it may have gotten mixed up ,I check the ground to the positive on the batter, that's why I got 12 . I did not put any voltage to the switch, just to the clutch
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
for some reason my phone keeps changing ac to actual. Sorry

ok, thanks. check the signal wire for voltage with the switch hooked up to see if it is sending a signal to the control head

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy