Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My Malfunction engine light came on. I went to have it

Customer Question

My Malfunction engine light came on. I went to have it checked out last Monday and he said the EGR valve gets stuck that I can still drive my vehicle and that I need to make an appointment for my vehicle. I made an appointment for Wednesday June 1st and they said they would have to keep the vehicle for a few days. Now could that make the light come on?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light will come on if the EGR valve is sticking open. This is usually a straight forward problem, I'm assuming they checked the code and it said excessive EGR flow which would mean it is sticking open. This is about a $150-$200 job depending on where you go. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They said I can still drive my vehicle is that true?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

That is true, if it sticks all the way open it will cause vehicle to run a little rough but still be driveable. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.