sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My name is . My roof on the 2005 crossfire roadster I bought

Customer Question

Hi Pearl My name is***** roof on the 2005 crossfire roadster I bought was working perfect. Last night when I tried to put it up nothing happened. I heard the 'ding' saying it was finished but the roof is still dowwn and I can not raise it electronically.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: double clicking the up button as the manual said to do to reset the hydraulics.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: I just bought it on Wednesday!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can prevent the top from moving. The top is controlled by a module which monitors the position of all components using microswitches, if it sees a component in an incorrect state either due to a mechanical or electrical problem then it will prevent the top from moving. The problem could also be the pump itself or a hydraulic leak, the module, or a wiring issue.

Does the pump run when pressing the switch but the top will not move?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I fixed it and it is now working. It was the divider not being set for sensor to identify it. Once set the top now works. Thank You

Great, I'm glad you got it fixed!