Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Its an 08 Town and Country. the blower runs when it wants to

Customer Question

its an 08 Town and Country. the blower runs when it wants to and doesn't most of the time. I have ran power straight from the battery to the blower and it works fine. I have also changed the resistor pack. Not that either. the next step leads me to the control head. really, there's nothing else in the chain, right? where can I source the control head?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If at all possible. It's an 08 with about 144K on it. cant stand a large repair bill.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: has 3.3L v6. Also have issue that arose when we changed out both front hubs. They were both bad. Vehicle is equipped with a class 2 hitch and trailer brakes, cant figure out why but assume that's what did the hubs. the dash has 3 lights illuminated and wont go out. local guy cant clear codes. just fyi.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** sounds like a wiring problem considering it is intermittent. Next time problem happens check for power on dark blue wire. This wire gets power from pin 11 of the totally integrated power module. So if no power then either wiring is bad or module isn't putting out power. If it is getting good power check the dark blue/yellow wire for ground, if no ground check for ground at the resistor on the blue/gray wire with switch on high, if no ground then replace control head. Here is a wiring diagram to help with testing, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2hd4av306pdmkl/bms.pdf?dl=0