Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

I need to pass inspection and I was informed the tie rods

Customer Question

I need to pass inspection and I was informed the tie rods were bad. the car is a 2007 Chrysler convertible. What is the standard price to fix this problem?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: not much more than that
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Chrysler Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: the engine light has been on, but we got it turned off after replacing some parts and cleaning the manifold. My friend did that job.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

parts are about $120 to replace both sides and allow at least an hours labour to replace them both and then a further 40 mins to perform a re-alignment of the suspension after the new parts have been fitted

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you