Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

2002 Chrysler town and country has an issue with starting,

Customer Question

2002 Chrysler town and country has an issue with starting, sometimes when you turn the key, starter cranks, but no display on dash, all electronics dark and van wont start, other times it starts fine , sometimes it starts with no dash electronics, speedo, etc?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 6 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

this sounds as if you may have the common problem of a bad instrument cluster.sometimes when it does this you may be able to slap the top of the dash to jar the cluster,then it may or may not begin to work..most times if the cluster isnt working the van will not start,so i would think you will need to replace it.

you can get a good buy on a used cluster from your local salvage yard or at www.ebay.com

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgi9js2g25dcjb9/0527-town%20and%20country-Cluster%20replace.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/dgi9js2g25dcjb9/0527-town%20and%20country-Cluster%20replace.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help