rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2015 Chrysler Town and country. It has 35,000 miles

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Chrysler Town and country. It has 35,000 miles and the check engine light just came on. I took it down to autozone and the error code was p0441 for the ecim. What can I check, where do I start?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You would actually need to test the system with a scan tool in bidirectional mode to test the system. MODE 6 also needs to be looked at with the scan tool to check the parameters. You may also need to use a smoke machine in case the testing winds up going that direction.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am actually trying to find out if there is anything I can look at in or under the car to figure out what might be wrong rather than having to take it in to get checked out. I don't have lots of experience or equipment but if there is something I can look for then I will get on the ground to do it.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Not with that code there isn't, this has gone beyond what you can do at home.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and KEEP this link in case you need me again later on with your results of the tests.