roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Extensive experience working with all models of Chrysler for over 35 years
3506196

My girlfriends pt cruiser touring edition 2007 the airbag

Customer Question

Hello my girlfriends pt cruiser touring edition 2007 the airbag light comes on and constantly chimes the whole time you drive.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's our only problem,just don't know what to do stopped at AutoZone and the told her to just turn the key without starting it up and see if any codes come up and nothing comes up
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: She did the key thing for the guys at AutoZone and been looking at the Chrysler forum for or cruisers and see a guy said to just take the negative battery cable off for 30seconds and put it back on and he said it worked,and her friends husband said not to do that because if you do it will reset the computer and that's bad
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 6 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist the guy was right. do not remove the cable. there is a code and it needs to be read, diagnostics done for the failure and repairs performed before clearing the code. clearing does nothing as the problem does not fix itself. the first thing you need to do is have the code read. once we know that we can help you narrow down the area of failure Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks will take it in.
your welcome Roy please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy