Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

My 2004 Chrysler Pacifica w/150,000 miles shut off while

Customer Question

My 2004 Chrysler Pacifica w/150,000 miles shut off while driving and won't start. My red oil light and check engine light are illuminated. My oil isn't low and I had it changed 1,500 miles ago.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: It turns over and the battery is probably around 1 year old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Currently I'm letting it sit to see if that fixes the issue. But other than that...nothing. Could a bad Oil Pump cause the engine to shut off?
JA: Any recent repairs?
Customer: A passenger side rear-wheel bearing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chrysler Mechanic should know about your Chrysler?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you out. There are 3 common causes for this. 1 a failing crank shaft position sensor, 2 a failing cam shaft position sensor, and 3 a failing PCM (engine computer). Either one can act up when the engine warms up. Do this: If it will restart, try to get your Pacifica to an auto parts store like AutoZone and ask them to connect their scan tool to your vehicle and check for any trouble codes. If there is a code for "loss of crank sensor signal or cam shaft sensor signal" then have the appropriate sensor replaced. If there are no codes at all, then suspect a failing PCM and have it replaced. Most auto parts stores will connect their scan tool for no charge to you.Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this. Chris