Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My electric throttle control light went on and my truck

Customer Question

Hi my electric throttle control light went on and my truck doesn't run now.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's about it. It idals rough and dies if I give it to much hasn
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yeah my warranty just expired
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnected the battery. Put the original air filter and housing back on and cleaned off my air censer.
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: I had a mopar cold air in take I just put it on but it ran fine for days. And I have an exhaust but that's been on for months.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
It sounds like you might have a problem with the throttle body or the pedal position sensor. What year and engine size do you have? Do you have a scan tool to check for trouble codes?